Plotting Revenge
Thursday, January 19, 2006
I have been suffering from problems relating to my choice of 'story-making' method.
I have opted to do little-to-no pre-planning of the plot or structure of the story. This now means that I have to go back and change things in previous chapters when later writing causes them to be obsolete or illogical.
I can now see that pre-planning makes the writing process faster - resulting in less re-writing and editing. I do not know if this affects the final work in terms of creative satisfaction - but certainly to a professional writer 'less time - more book' would have greater financial importance.
I myself just want to write a novel before I die... and due to my less than prolific efforts - need to start thinking of ways to live until I am aged 120.
I have opted to do little-to-no pre-planning of the plot or structure of the story. This now means that I have to go back and change things in previous chapters when later writing causes them to be obsolete or illogical.
I can now see that pre-planning makes the writing process faster - resulting in less re-writing and editing. I do not know if this affects the final work in terms of creative satisfaction - but certainly to a professional writer 'less time - more book' would have greater financial importance.
I myself just want to write a novel before I die... and due to my less than prolific efforts - need to start thinking of ways to live until I am aged 120.
