The Whoredom
Home : Novel-Blog : Words : Images : Movies : About
 
Novel - Under Destruction

Write & Down

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I have been writing a section where the main character experiences periods of depression. It was the hardest part for me so far since I had to withdraw into myself to write it. I had to remember times that I wanted to forget and was fearful that thinking and writing about it could send me back there.

The sensations relived are ones that encourage a state of lethargy and inaction; states that are not conducive to productive writing. As such the writing was painfully slow. Even now just remembering the writing process leaves me in a trance like state. It almost makes me rethink the whole idea of using real life experiences as inspiration. Some people would say that the process is 'cathartic' but I am not so sure. Surely pure fantasy would be much easier?

Archives

November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   August 2005   September 2005   November 2005   January 2006   March 2006   April 2006   March 2007  

This blog 'Novel Under Destruction' is to share my experience of trying to write a novel for the first time.

Current novel chapters can be read here. Your comments are welcome.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2010 Whoredom